So I had to code a weblogger for my linux administration course using perl and mysql. It took awhile, since it was my first perl project, but it's available if anyone wants the "code", which is only two cgi files and a custom logging config for apache.
screenie: http://troi.cs.wcupa.edu/~siplus/webinfo-perl-mysql.png (Will probably only be up until the end of my semester...)
You gave us a URL to a secured area. Move the PNG to your Wildebeest account! :D
- Posted by tim (Guest) on May 3, 2007 at 06:47:47AM
i forgot the port number to do an scp :( (or to modify the website(s) as well.. it's pretty stagnant)
soo... what's the port number? :-D
- Posted by Siplus (Guest) on May 3, 2007 at 04:14:14PM
I'll tell you on AIM the next time I see you.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on May 3, 2007 at 04:32:41PM
http://wb.skudd.com/siplus/webinfo-perl-mysql.png I also have a 'verbose' mode which shows every individual access
- Posted by Siplus (Guest) on May 5, 2007 at 12:00:24AM
Just so everyone knows, parsing Apache log files isn't a pretty process. This looks good! :)
- Posted by tim (Guest) on May 5, 2007 at 04:06:09PM