I started rewriting the WebLube client tonight after I got home from work. That was around 7:00PM - It is now 11:37PM.
The biggest hassle with this project is the fact that I have to code in VB.net for an hour, then jump over and code the PHP side of it for a few minutes, then spend another hour debugging and fine-tuning it. It's probably good for keeping my skills sharp and whatnot, but I have one of the BIGGEST stress-induced headaches ever.
The bugs that I addressed in the comments of the previous post have been resolved. Apparently .net has no means of URL-encoding data, so I had to whip this up:
Function URLEncode(ByVal strInput As String) As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim strOutput As String
Dim charAt As Char
For i = 0 To strInput.Length - 1 charAt = strInput.Chars(i) If Char.IsLetterOrDigit(charAt) = False And Char.IsWhiteSpace(charAt) = False Then strOutput += "%" + Hex(Asc(charAt)) ElseIf charAt = vbCrLf Then strOutput += vbLf Else strOutput += charAt End If Next
Return strOutput End Function
Ugly, yeah... It does the joerb though.
Also, I am now handling EVERY bit of communication with the server by means of XML. Even the errors are being returned as XML.
My laptop is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The UPS tracking page says it's "In Transit". Hopefully it makes it to Lafayette before the trucks roll out in the morning. I have tomorrow off and it would be PERFECT for my new toy to arrive.
And now, this worn out dude is going to pass out. The next entry on this blog shall not be made until I get my laptop. That will be the very first thing it does, too.
Formatting error there Timmy.
- Posted by Matt (Guest) on February 28, 2006 at 12:18:44PM
Not a formatting error, it's more of an error in how the
tags are rendered within a
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 28, 2006 at 02:08:13PM