Today, we had less than 10 cars roll through the shop in a 10 hour period. Nearly the entire cleaning list was done, and the shop was immaculate.
Around 5:00, the boss lady popped up on the instant messenger and asked if I could enable a certain feature on the website. I told her that I needed to put some time into it, but it was hard to since I was at work. I asked her if they would mind if I worked on it there at the shop, and she said she would talk to the boss dude about it.
Sooo... I'll be working on the business site for a while, Blog 2.0 is on hold again, and I might be working from the shop.
will the payrate be the same for working on the site in the shop as compared to what you normally charge for site work?
- Posted by Siplus (Guest) on January 11, 2006 at 08:34:31PM
Actually, I think it'll be better, in the long run. I just need to be able to balance the normal shop-related duties and the work on this.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on January 11, 2006 at 08:54:01PM
Is this a big project you're going to be doing?
- Posted by Fuey Lulu (Guest) on January 12, 2006 at 08:48:51AM
Er, for the business site.
- Posted by Fuey Lulu (Guest) on January 12, 2006 at 08:48:57AM
Yeah. It's a full blown business site, including human relations, scheduling, gift certificates, etc.
I'm hoping that I can eventually gear it such that inventory and point-of-sale stuff is handled with it. That's a bit off in the distant future though.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on January 12, 2006 at 06:27:53PM