One of the shops that I work at is right next door to a gas station. I am constantly going in for drinks, food, etc. Today, I went to get a bottle of Dr. Pepper, and when I went to pay for it I had a nice chat with the older lady working at the cash register.
Her: Do you need gas in your car? Me: No, I just filled up before I came to work today. Why? Is the price going up? Her: Yes, by $0.30. Me: You're kidding? That's like $3.00 per gallon! Her: I know. They're doing it because of the holiday weekend.
$20.00 got me about 7 gallons of gas today.
Pfff, you americans are always complaining about your gas prices... You should ship your trucks over to here (NL or UK, I don't care) where you can drive around all day! I bet that you all wouldn't have any money left to eat. $20 doesn't get you far here.
- Posted by Sean (Guest) on August 26, 2005 at 10:32:12AM
I told Kris that my car needed gas yesterday, and he told me to just wait until later. Well, it is later, and the price has gone up about 20 to 30 cents per gallon. I freaking told him I needed gas in my car about three days ago and all he did was laugh about it. Freaking dagonit!
- Posted by Jennz0rz (Guest) on August 26, 2005 at 01:39:05PM
$27.00 to fill up my little car last night.
- Posted by Luey (Guest) on August 27, 2005 at 11:43:27AM
its 90pence a litre here.
- Posted by Matt (Guest) on August 27, 2005 at 04:16:28PM
eh, no comprende!?!
- Posted by Sean (Guest) on August 28, 2005 at 04:18:42PM
so about 360 'pence' for a gallon?
what's a pence compared to your pound?
- Posted by Siplus (Guest) on August 30, 2005 at 08:03:21AM
a pence to a pound is like a cent to a dollar.
- Posted by Sean (Guest) on August 31, 2005 at 10:13:54AM