I just got to looking at DSL prices again, and holy crap, it might just be a reality.
Considering Dad and I use the internet the most here at home, it would be fair for us to each take like 40% of the cost, and leave mom with the remaining 20%. That would work out to some really reasonable numbers, like this:
Total monthly rate: $31.99 ----------------------------------- Mom's portion: 6.39 Dad's portion: 12.80 My portion: 12.80 =================================== Total: $31.99
I can eat the tax and whatnot. But if I can get the parental units to stick with their portion of this, then broadband will be a legitimate consideration!
Ha! the rents pitching in on a bill that they feel will only benifit you......good luck. Had we brought that to the table when I was living there, mom would have given us a heaping helping of "no chance in heck!"
- Posted by Jennz0rz (Guest) on July 6, 2005 at 05:52:30PM
It won't ONLY benefit me. Mom's the one that complains about the phone being tied up, the internet being so slow, and not being able to "do email" when Dad is doing his downloading.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on July 6, 2005 at 07:42:00PM
Go for it. You're a web developer! Your internet connection is a high priority.
- Posted by Quixote (Guest) on July 6, 2005 at 09:27:54PM
- Posted by Matt (Guest) on July 7, 2005 at 07:37:38AM
Maybe Mom will be more likely to "get on this thing" if you have a high speed connection.
- Posted by Luey (Guest) on July 7, 2005 at 09:06:01AM
Oh yeah, and holy crap, it must be nice to have DSL available. Stupid Bourbonnais.
- Posted by Luey (Guest) on July 7, 2005 at 09:06:30AM
See, I know it wont only benifit you, there Skimmah, I said that mom and dad would FEEL that it would only benifit you.
- Posted by Jennz0rz (Guest) on July 7, 2005 at 03:14:01PM
Oh.. Well, that's partially right. Dad knows he'll benefit from it, considering he's the only one home during the day.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on July 7, 2005 at 07:27:56PM