Someone is pretending to be me and trying to use some social engineering to dupe others into changing my passwords, etc.
Pay attention to how I type and whatnot. They are not doing a good job at mimicing me by any means, so it will be easy to pick up on it.
yo, im Tim, so give me all his passwords, n00b!!!1
- Posted by l0gic (Guest) on December 2, 2004 at 10:20:48PM
if you wanna sound like tim, use "Fear the yen" after every post ;)
- Posted by twans (Guest) on December 3, 2004 at 12:15:46AM
How tf do you get other people to change your passwords?
- Posted by Luey (Guest) on December 3, 2004 at 11:19:16AM
"Hey man. I had to create a new account because my other one got hacked. I think the one you are in charge of got hacked too. Can you change the password for me?"
Easy social engineering. The scary part about it is that most people, including me, are vulnerable to it.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on December 3, 2004 at 11:21:13PM
In case you are wondering who he is referring to, its me.
I got duped.....big style.
- Posted by Matt (Guest) on December 4, 2004 at 10:55:44AM
hi this is TIM my p a s s w o.rd got messed up and i need u to r.e.se.t it for m e.
C l i ck he.re to u.n. sub. s.r.i.b.e
- Posted by FlipTopHead (Guest) on December 4, 2004 at 09:15:19PM