Re: Foot
Posted by tim in I Feel Sick on February 8, 2010

This morning at about 10:00, I got a call from the doctor's office. They wanted to know if I would be able to reschedule for 2:00 this afternoon instead of 9:00 tomorrow morning. I told them that was fine, so I left work at 1:00 to get to the hospital in time.

At about 1:45, I made it to the check-in desk and within a couple of minutes was back in the exam room. I had to wait a little bit to see the doctor, but he came in within 10 minutes to tell me what the CT scan showed.

He said that the scan really didn't show anything, but he was certain it was a bone spur and that he would like to proceed with surgically removing it. After getting a couple of general questions answered, he had me talk to the nurse about scheduling the operation. He said that they really only do it on Friday mornings, such that the patient only has to be off work for 1 day. He said that I would be on crutches for the first few days, but that I could get back to work as soon as that following Monday.

After the nurse came in, I told her that I would really need to talk with my transportation (Read: Emily) to figure out when would be the best. The nurse said that I could schedule it for as soon as this Friday, or as late as March 5th. Anything after that would be too cloudy to nail down unless we wait until closer to then.

So right now I'm waiting on the financial side of today's information to come through before I schedule. I'll probably shoot for March 5th, but possibly even March 12th since Emily is on spring break that following week anyhow.

Right now I'm waiting on Youtube to quit being in read-only mode so I can upload a video of the popping. It's kinda gross, but it puts it into perspective. I'll add a commentary to it when it's uploaded.

There aren't any comments here yet. Maybe you should add one!
Add a comment