A few weeks ago, I went to see the doctor about this nagging cough I had. It turned out to be Bronchitis, but the doctor seemed far more concerned about something else that came up when she checked my vitals: My blood pressure.
That day, the reading was 144/94, which is fairly high. She told me to come back for 2 more readings over the next few weeks, which I've tried to do but haven't had the time for thanks to some drastic changes at the office. Today though, I was able to break away from my work for a few minutes, and had the reading taken again.
Today, the reading was 148/96, which is quite a bit higher than normal. The nurse who took the reading made note of it and said that I needed to come back at the end of the week for another check, at which point I would most likely be placed on blood pressure medicine.
This is where I hate medicine. Not so much the fact that they found this problem and are able to treat it, but the whole bit of them saying "you're blood pressure is high, so stress over it for a few days and come in for us to tell you it's even higher." Fun. I had a very tough time focusing on my work for the rest of the day, and even tonight I'm feeling pretty "out of it" with everything.
I'm wondering though, if the ringing I've had in my ears for a fairly long time, or if the headaches I've been having are related to this. We shall most certainly see!
...and by the way, I've not told my parents yet. The person who does shall face the wrath of the guy with high blood pressure.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 16, 2009 at 10:34:16PM
You know that either of your parents could find this blog by searching google for "Tim Garrison" and "skudd". Just a thought. :-P
- Posted by FueyLulu (Guest) on February 17, 2009 at 03:48:43PM
Sorry to hear this, Tim. Maybe you shouldn't be eating all that candied bacon.
- Posted by Dustin (Guest) on February 17, 2009 at 04:07:45PM
I actually ended up throwing out the last batch of bacon because the caramel burned. It was nasty.
As far as the parents finding the blog, yeah... They could. They could also throw anything after the @ in their e-mail addresses in the address bar. Whether or not they did is another story.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 17, 2009 at 05:51:38PM
- Posted by teddy (Guest) on February 17, 2009 at 11:45:36PM
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 18, 2009 at 09:04:55PM
- Posted by Trudy (Guest) on February 19, 2009 at 08:27:45AM
Very funny, FueyLulu.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 19, 2009 at 06:07:07PM
don't stress man... that just makes it worse. focus on living happy and being healthy... more on the being happy than healthy. that way you've at least had a good time. what more can u do?
- Posted by nabiy (Guest) on February 20, 2009 at 08:49:45AM
- Posted by FueyLulu (Guest) on February 20, 2009 at 09:09:42AM
Serenity now!!!! < / seinfeld reference >
- Posted by Dustin (Guest) on February 20, 2009 at 10:07:20AM