I'm not stressing because of the storm. I'm stressing because everyone else is stressing, and is therefore acting like a complete and total idiot.
RELAX, PEOPLE! It's not the end of the freakin' world!
I'm worried about flooding and power loss and all that, but jeez. I'm far enough inland that the storm surge won't be that big of a deal. I'm also right on a major highway, so if I had to evacuate, I could relatively easily.
As for work, I may have to take a trip up to the Dallas office to work for a few days, depending on the orders from higher up the line. If I do, I have clothes and stuff packed already. I'm not worried about it; I'm prepared!
Everyone just needs to keep updated on the situation and otherwise chill the heck out. Just because "it's gonna rain" doesn't mean you have to go acting like an idiot.
To add to this, there are a few things I am a bit concerned (but not stressed) about:
- Am I going to Dallas for sure? If so, when?
- If I do go to Dallas, how will I get there? Will the company cover all expenses?
- If I don't go to Dallas and the power goes out, will I have to take trips to my car to use the power inverter once in a while?
- If I stay here and it ends up flooding, will I have enough bottled water to get by until it's safe again?
- Posted by tim (Guest) on September 10, 2008 at 10:15:22PM
As for #2, the company is VERY VERY good about covering expenses. All you have to pay for is food, and that gets reimbursed.
- Posted by teddy (Guest) on September 10, 2008 at 10:17:57PM
So do they have a designated place for you to stay in Dallas? Or is it a free-for-all trying to get a hotel room before they're all booked?
- Posted by Fufu (Guest) on September 11, 2008 at 09:29:04AM
I'll post later and explain.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on September 11, 2008 at 07:38:45PM