Okay, this is just a general notice to anyone who is considering or has urged me to seek other employment:
I work hard, and I work a lot. That doesn't mean I hate my job.
I'm not earning a 6-figure income. Money doesn't drive me.
I grumble from time to time about things that happen at work. Every job will be that way.
I'm just getting really tired of everyone suggesting that because I'm not driving a brand new car and because I have to live by a budget that I need to find a "better" job. I'm happy where I am, even though it's not the greatest pay in the world, and even though the position has its headaches.
Furthermore, just because several of my peers are moving on to other places of work, it doesn't mean I need to as well. They are finding that there is a position elsewhere that will better suit their needs; That doesn't mean it will suit my needs.
So please, stop urging me to leave my job because you think I'm unhappy.
Agreed. I'm in a very similar situation, and have gotten a few of the same reactions to people.
- Posted by macguy (Guest) on February 9, 2008 at 02:38:11PM
Well that only makes sense, since we're the same person and all.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 9, 2008 at 05:07:40PM
oh, right. You owe me 20 bucks, i borrowed it from me last week.
- Posted by macguy (Guest) on February 10, 2008 at 10:25:32PM
Okay. Don't forget to make my rent payment this week.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 10, 2008 at 10:53:18PM
hahaha :) I don't hate my job too ;)
- Posted by MacTeP (Guest) on February 13, 2008 at 09:02:40AM
hey tim, get a life and take my job offer for 6 figures in silicon valley. then you can drive a nice car and get hot chicks
- Posted by cleanfloor (Guest) on February 20, 2008 at 01:56:08AM
Hey Alex, I told you my timeline here.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 20, 2008 at 07:25:40AM
yup, 80k within 1.5 years or youre gone
- Posted by cleanfloor (Guest) on February 21, 2008 at 05:44:53PM
Stop trying to break my blog, jerkwad.
- Posted by tim (Guest) on February 21, 2008 at 10:36:54PM